Home Consultations We can help with your Public Place Accident Claim*

We can help with your Public Place Accident Claim*


Causes of Accidents in Public Places*

If you have been injured in a public place, due to the negligence of the persons responsible for that area, you may be entitled to pursue legal action.

Common Accidents in public places can occur in a number of different environments; in a supermarket, in a bar or restaurant, on a footpath, on a flight, or on any premises that a member of the public has access to. Regardless of the type of injury, it is important to maintain whether the environment was unfit or hazardous, even in the case of human error, ascertaining the details of how the accident occurred is very important for an accident in a public place claim.

The most common public place accident claims are:
Council or Local Authority Accident Claims*
Crèche Accident Claims*
Supermarket Accident Claims*
Flight Accident Claims*
Hotel Accident Claims*
Pub or Bar Accident Claims*
Restaurant Accident and Illness Claims*
Shopping Centre Accident Claims*
Drain and Manhole Cover Accident Claims*
Case SettlementWet Floor Accident Claims*
Inadequate Lighting Accident Claims*
Spillage Accident Claims*
Broken Handrail Accident Claims*
Nut Allergy Claims*

If you are to proceed with a public place accident claim you may be entitled to claim compensation for the accident and added expenses you may have incurred. These claims are called damages.

General Damages
General damages are non-financial damages such as pain and suffering and/or physical and emotional injuries following a public place accident.

Special Damages
Special damages are out of pocket expenses incurred as a result of the public place accident, for example, loss of earnings (if you are out of work), medical bills, and added travel costs as a result of the accident (for example, travel to and from the hospital). Learn more about Special Damages

A Duty of Care
What is important to note is that in a public place there is a duty of care on the persons responsible for this area to ensure that a personal injury does not occur. In some cases a slip, trip or fall can be attributed to the person who suffered the accident. However, in many other cases, the accident can be attributed to the negligence of the persons responsible for the upkeep of the area. These are the people with the legal duty of care to protect people from injury.

For rate card and enquirers call 0851602896 or sales@lietuvis.ie

Who is Liable?
If you have been injured in a public place and have decided that you want to make a claim then you will need to determine who was at fault for the accident. In order to proceed with a claim, the accident must have been caused by somebody else who acted in a negligent manner. If you were the main cause of the accident, then you will not be entitled to pursue a claim for the injuries you sustained as a result.

Other members of the public may also have caused the accident if they acted in a negligent manner. It is important to note that it is not just an owner who has a duty of care but also all those who visit the public place.

Occupiers’ Liability Act 1995
Under the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1995, an occupier of a building or land has a duty of care to ensure that all visitors are safe and looked after while visiting the building or premises. The occupier must also ensure that they provide staff with the necessary training needed in order to carry out the job correctly and minimize the risk of accidents happening.

At Tracey Solicitors, we make law accessible to all — regardless of your knowledge or experience with the claims process. For more information and a confidential discussion on your public place accident, phone or email to tell us about your case.

What are the Legal Time Limits?
The statute of limitations are the legal time limits on how long you have to make a claim — these vary depending on the situation. The general rule for most personal injury cases is that the person has two years from the date of the accident or date of knowledge of the accident to make a claim for compensation. Contacting a solicitor to discuss your case will help you in determining how long you have left to make a claim.

We give legal advice in Russian. If you need legal help, call us 01 649 9900 or email to ask@traceysolicitors.ie

Tracey Solicitors
16/17 St. Andrew Street
Dublin 2

T: 01 649 9900 – Reception

W: https://www.traceysolicitors.ie/en/multilingual-legal-services/russian/
W: https://www.traceysolicitors.ie/en/

*In contentious business a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.